English is a language from West Germanic group that was born and developed in England and south-eastern Scotland in era of the Anglo-Saxon. Because of the political, economic, military, cultural and scientific weight of the British Empire in the 18th-early 20th centuries, and then since the middle of 20th century of the USA, it has become the global lingua franca.
English language is used as official or a second language in many countries and international organizations. English is the prevalent language of international relations, communications, business, science, diplomacy, entertainment and aviation.
Modern English sprang from the Great Vowel Shift (the main change in the English language pronunciation that took place in 15th-century, in the south of England) and continues developing by adopting foreign as well as inventing new words. A lot of English words, especially in technical field, have been coined based on roots from Greek and Latin.
English is one among six official languages of the United Nations. That is why study English language has become a necessity in a numerous areas, activities and professions such as medicine, computing, engineering and many-many others. As a result over 1000 million people speak English at least an elementary level. As a first foreign language, English will give you direct access to various newspapers, books, magazines, websites, movies and people from all over the world.
Learn English language may be the simpliest thing you can do to make your life better, because:
1. If you study English then you can travel all around the world pulling down language barriers and communicating with people, because about 400 million people in the world speak English as a 1st language and about 200 millions – as a 2nd language. The countries with the highest populations of native speakers of English are in alphabet order: Australia, Canada, Ireland, New Zealand, Nigeria, South Africa, United States and United Kingdom.
English is the official language of 53 countries among 203 countries of the world, and of such international and global organizations as European Union, United Nations, Commonwealth of Nations, Council of Europe, NAFTA (North American Free Trade Agreement), NATO, Organization of American States, Organization of the Islamic Conference, PIF (Pacific Islands Forum), UKUSA (UK–USA Security Agreement).
English language is not official, but the main in Antigua, Anguilla, the Bahamas, Barbados, Barbuda, Belize, Bermuda, the British Virgin Islands, the British Territory of Indian Ocean, the Caicos Islands, the Cayman Islands, the Falkland Islands, Grenada, Gibraltar, Guernsey, Guam, Guyana, St. Helena, the Isle of Man, Jamaica, Jersey, St. Kitts, Montserrat, Nauru, St. Nevis, Pitcairn Islands, the Grenadines, South Georgia Islands, the South Sandwich Islands, Singapore, the Turks Islands, Trinidad &Tobago and St. Vincent. Almost all international forums and conferences are conducted in English. Scientists and politicians, diplomats and businessmen from different countries use English for communications.
2. If you study English it will give you the access to biggest knowledge base. English is the language of science and high technology such as computer science, genetics, and medicine. English – is an “Internet language”, because the largest part pages on the Web in English. English language is the enter to the universe of science. Most articles in the Science Citation Index were written in English and only about 50% of them are from English-speaking authors.
You can find millions of books in English— on any subject, from all over the world and not only by British or American authors, every world-known bestseller and numerous other books you may find translated from different languages to English. Only English-language newspapers and magazines can be bought in every part of the world which makes learning English so much important.
3. If you study English and have complete knowledge of the language it may push your career forward because all international business is conducted in English and all business today is international. So if you want to get a good job or do your own business, the knowledge of English language is a must — to contact other business people, to read international newspapers and magazines, to go to conferences, etc. Be ready to enter the business world with the English language ace in your pocket
4. When you study English language you can feel the culture of the world because British Empire and English language had influenced other cultures a lot. With a good knowledge of the English language, you can also do such wonderful things as learn English culture and be able to read Shakespeare's poetry; watch English movies in their original language and sing your favourite English songs' texts.
5. Finally learn English language is very easy, it is one of the easiest languages to study and to use because of simple alphabet, easy plurals; words are short and easy to learn.
The best and the most effective way to learn English language is to learn it in an English-speaking country. The main advantage of studying abroad is that you can practice your English in everyday situations and not only in classes, because you are surrounded by the culture and language. You will find new interests, learn new cultures and slang, meet new people and become more independent.
Study Experts works to make you expert in the use of global languages in all aspects of communication. If you are keen to learn English, feel free to contact us.